Sunday 9 October 2016

My Interview with Author Amber Lacie


1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I entered a creative writing contest in third grade. My story was about a unicorn who lost her wings. She had to be creative to find other ways to get around. I won a blue ribbon for it. I’m sure other children probably won ribbons as well, but I was so proud of myself. I’ve always had an active imagination and I knew I wanted to write amazing stories. Life, of course, had its own plan. Now that my children are both healthy and in school I have the extra time to devote to my art.

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?

I pull from my surroundings. I love watching people interact. In busy places you will often find my eyes randomly scattering about. My sister and I used to make up elaborate stories for people we saw pass us by when we were little. We grew up and now my sister has a great job, but mine is better. I still make up the stories, but now I write them down. I love being able to share them with everyone.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I’m a geek. You can find me at a book store, comic store, or silently reading on a couch at our local café during the day. In the evening I spend time with my family. We often take hikes together or walk along the beach.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have three books published thus far and I’m currently working on my fourth. My favorite published book is Pretty; It’s a darker romance, but it shows how strong people really are. However, when my next book releases I’m sure it will be my favorite.

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write. Write everyday. Write whatever comes to mind. You can always change or edit your story later. Don’t force your story, let it take you where it wants to go.

6.     What do you think makes a great story?

 
I love a story with twists, turns, and lots of angst. It keeps me on the edge of my seat. A good looking hero helps as well.

8.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I find Lesley Jones, JK Rowling, and Neil Gaiman inspiring. I enjoy their writing, but what inspires me is their dedication to their craft. Their passion and loyalty to their readers is incredible.

9.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

My current project is, Breathe, it’s the story of young girl who becomes torn between two loves. It’s heartbreaking yet hopeful at the same time. I find it to be bittersweet.

10.                        What genre are your books?

I write Contemporary Romance & New Adult Romance. Shadows and Light are contemporary. Pretty; is a suspenseful thriller in New Adult.

11.                        What drew you to the genre you write?
Romance is by far my favorite genre. It’s the connection between the characters, the butterflies in my stomach as I read, and the hope of finding love in every story which drew me to it.


12.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

For the male lead, Laith, I would love to see Travis Deslaurier play him. He would be a perfect fit. I think Haley Bennet would be a great fit for Andie since she is a strong, leading female actress.

13.                        Do you write full-time or part-time?

I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to be able to stay home with my children. I guess you could say I’m full time. However, I always put my family first so perhaps part-time would be the better answer.

14.                        What is the hardest thing about writing?

Editing. I’m kidding, but not really. I find editing and writing the synopsis more frustrating than writing the actual story.

15.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
I like to walk away from the story and come back to it later. Sometimes I jot down notes for future works before coming back to my current project.

16.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read a lot. I enjoy fiction. Young adult, new adult, romance, dystopian, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, thriller, suspense, mystery, and so many other genres tend to be my favorite.

My favorite authors are Lesley Jones, Lewis Carroll, Tolkein, JK Rowling, Lauren Kate, John Green, Colleen Hoover, and Neil Gaiman.

17.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Thank you for taking your time to interview me. As an indie author it can be hard to get my name out there. Readers and Blogs are very important to me. Thank you for being a fan. 

18.                        How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?
(please provide proper links)


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment