Sunday 16 October 2016

My Interview with Author Arlene Gonzales



1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? I’ve always wanted to write, ever since I can remember. If I have to pick a specific age it would be at eleven, when I wrote a short story titled “Lucky duck.”

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book? I have a very active imagination.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? Watching movies, spending time with my family, reading great books.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? I have one trilogy under my belt. Well book is about to be re-released in Nov 15th of this year.

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing? Never quit, even when you think you can’t finish the story or that you don’t like the direction it’s going in, finish it. Plus if people tell you that you can’t do it, show them you can.

6.     What do you think makes a great story? When you write it from the heart. The characters don’t have to be perfect, they are way more interesting if they have flaws just like we do.

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you? Oh gosh, there are quite a few Authors that I find fascinating. I do have one favorite Author, and that is Lesley Jones.

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional) Right now I am editing book 2 in my trilogy, Out of the dark. I had originally self-published the books, but have recently been picked up and offered a contract by Limitless Publishing. We have taken my books off the shelves and they are being completely redone. That is why book 1 is being re-released in November.

9.     What genre are your books? Erotic Romance

10.                        What drew you to the genre you write? Well I do love romance, and the spice just adds to it.

11.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like) The leading male character in my trilogy is Aiden Steffan, I would love to see David James Gandy play him, as he is the one that is my favorite male model. The female lead character in my book is Alexis Moore, I see Amber Heard as her.

12.                        Do you write full-time or part-time? I do have a full time job so for now I write part time, am hoping that changes soon.

13.                        What is the hardest thing about writing? Not having enough hours in the day to devote to it.

14.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block? Every Author gets thru it in a different way. For me if I am stuck on a certain scene, not knowing how to get the character thru it, I shut the computer down. I shut the world out, listen to my playlist, and envision the scene as a whole. Put myself in the characters shoes and take it from there.

15.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres? Oh gosh yes, I love to read. I love Erotic romance, Young romance, Mysteries, Thrillers, Suspense. My favorite Author is Lesley Jones.

16.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included? Just that no matter what your dream is, follow it. Don’t ever let anyone tell you it’s impossible. Don’t ever give up. And when you fall, because sometimes you might, remember to get back up. Plus check out my first trilogy of “Out of the dark.” You will love it.

17.                        How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment