Tuesday 4 October 2016

My Interview With Author K M Neuhold



Q & A

With Author

K M Neuhold


1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve wanted to be a writer my whole life. I’ve always been a day dreamer and a story teller.

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?
I tend to be a very character driven writer. So my ideas usually come when I have an idea for a character, and then I think about what sort of story they have to tell. My character ideas can come from a million places: a song, a random weird thing I hear someone say…

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I’m a total couch potato, I love to read and watch TV mostly.

4.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written 5 so far (and one first draft has just been completed). It’s too hard to pick one favorite! I have favorite things about each one.

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Find a good community of indie writers to turn to for support!

6.     What do you think makes a great story?
I think unique characters make for the best stories. If you write a trope that’s been done before but you have a character that stands out, the whole thing feels like brand new territory.

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
So many. I guess the 2 main author’s who’ve inspired me are Linda Kage and J.Lynn.

8.     What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
I tend to have a little bit of writing ADD so I usually have more than one project at a time. Currently I’m getting ready to start in on the second draft of Sexy Nerd Boys, 4 (which- for my readers who are wondering- will be Chase and Lila’s story). And I’m also working on a first draft of Sexy Nerd Boys, 5 (This is Matthew’s story, and my first M/M romance!)

9.     What genre are your books?
The Sexy Nerd Boys series is New Adult/ contemporary romance

10.                        What drew you to the genre you write?
When I was younger I used to be mostly into writing fantasy and sci-fi, but as I got older I found myself drawn to reading a lot of romance. As I read more romance I found myself fascinated with what makes good character chemistry and the difference between a steamy sex scene and an awkward one. I decided to play around with some of the ideas I had and found that I really loved writing romance!

11.                        Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
He’s not an actor, but in my head when I was writing the male lead for Worth the Wait I was picturing Brendon Urie (lead singer of the band Panic! At the Disco) so that’d be pretty cool.


12.                        Do you write full-time or part-time?
I write part time right now. But hopefully one day I can make enough with my writing to focus on it full time.

13.                        What is the hardest thing about writing?
The way my brain works is that I tend to get ideas for all these funny and sexy scenes right off the bat when I first start to get to know the characters, so I write those down as fast as my fingers can type. Then the hard part comes in for me to actually develop the plot around the exciting parts.


14.                        Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
When I’m not feeling inspired I take a step back for a few days and give myself a mental break. If I’m still not feeling it after a few days then I do some character exercises. For example I’ll pull up a random Spotify station and start writing things the character would think or feel as each song plays.

15.                        Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
As Jess Mariano said: “wow, what is much?” . lol, sorry Gilmore Girls moment.
I tend to be pretty eclectic so I’ll give you my favorite authors by each genre:
Sci-fi: Robert Heinlein and Orson Scott Card
Non-fiction: Chuck Klosterman
General Fiction: Chuck Palahniuk
Romance: Riann C Miller, Linda Kage, Jemma Bell, J.Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout), M. Mabie, and Karina Halle
Sub-Genre of M/M romance: Sloan Johnson, Van Barrett, Jay Northcote, Sierra Riley, and E.Davis
16.                        Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Here’s a little excerpt from my new release Hard to Resist (Sexy Nerd Boys, 3) releasing 10/17

“I wish all these guys would stop sniffing around my sister. It pisses me off,” Chase complained as we watched Hadley talk to some guy in the lunch line.
I followed Chase’s gaze to Hadley and the senior chatting her up. For the first time I really looked at her. My gaze started on her long, creamy legs, and traveled up to the slight swell of her hips. That was definitely a new development. My inspection continued as my eyes moved up to her cleavage on full display, with no regard for her scar. For some reason the fact that she didn’t feel the need to keep her scar covered was kind of a turn on. It showed so much confidence. Finally, I looked over her chestnut hair spilling down her shoulders, then up to her face. I was momentarily stunned into silence by her full, inviting lips and the spark in her winter green eyes.
Holy shit...Hadley was hot.  
“You can’t really blame them. She’s absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention that she’s also laid back, fun, hilarious…” I trailed off when I notice Chase’s scowl.
“Rav, you are my best friend in this whole world and I’m only going to say this once. If you ever lay one finger on my sister we’re done being friends.”
My mouth fell open. I knew he was protective of Hadley, but I never thought that he would take it this far. And, I never necessarily thought of her that way, although I’ll be honest over the past few months since we turned fifteen my feelings towards her have become rather confusing.
“I got it,” I assure him.


17.                        How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)


Twitter: https://twitter.com/KMNeuhold
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kmneuhold/
Website: kmneuhold.weebly.com

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment