Saturday 3 December 2016

My Interview With Author A.J. Ford



1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? I realized I wanted to write erotica about two years ago. I was working a dead-end job and thought my dream of writing erotic romance that readers would love was merely just a dream. About two months ago, I woke up and decided to go for my dream with full force and don't stop, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

2. Where do you get your ideas for your book? Some is personal experience, but most of it just comes to me when I'm in what I call, my zone. The words are flowing and different scenarios for my written work effortlessly fall into place.

3. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? Spending time with my little ones, traveling, Spa Treatments, baking, singing, and watching my favourite television shows and movies.

4. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? "Copulation Tales: Love Triangles" is my debut of a series ongoing! It consist of 4 erotic tales. At the end of the book there's a "Reader's Choice" section, where I inform my readers how they can go about choosing what book I'm going to write next. Readers have until January 4, 2017 to get their votes in.

5. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing? No matter who says what, if writing is what you want to do, GO FOR IT! Study your favourite authors and strive to make your book look as professional as possible, inside out!

6. What do you think makes a great story? Creating content that's interesting to the reader and that is READER FRIENDLY!

7. Which Writer/Authors inspire you? Robert Greene.

8. What are you working on at the moment? Brainstorming for my next book in the Copulation Tales series, titled "Copulation Tales: Online Dating. Releasing sometime next year, AFTER the Reader's Choice book is written and published.

9. What genre are your books? I write erotic romance.

10. What drew you to the genre you write? I have all of these little crazy sexual thoughts in my head, lol. So I decided to share my craziness with the world.

11. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? Zoe Saldana

12. Do you write full-time or part-time? Part-time at the moment, but striving to write full-time.

13. What is the hardest thing about writing? Writer's block!

14. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block? Yes. Step away from writing for either a few hours, a day or sometimes even two days. Reread the last page you wrote and then just write whatever comes to mind. Most likely you'll end up revising it later, but it's a good chance that the main idea will stick.

15. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres? I read all of the time. Sometimes for pleasure and other times for self improvement.

16. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included? Nope, I think you've covered it all.

17. How can Readers discover more about you and your work? I'm kind of a social media whore... smh I post fairly often on these three social media platforms:

Instagram:
@author_ajford
Goodreads: goodreads.com/author/dashboard
Author's Fan Page: facebook.com/Author.AJFord

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment