Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Interview with Author A.M. Johnson









1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? 

    From the moment I learnt how to write a sentence. I have always loved putting words down onto paper. I use to spend my pocket money on pads and pens/pencils.

2.     Where do you get your ideas for your book?

   I want to say the Universe but it sounds like I’m not being serious, when in fact I am. I’m not overly sure where my ideas come from. People watching is and always has been fun to me, making up stories about where they are hurrying of to and what they are thinking. But I have always had a vivid imagination.

3.     What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? 

   I love making my own jams, pickles and preserves. Cheese making is another love. Along with reading, cross stitching and collecting small glass figurines.

4.     How many books have you written?

 I have written two, Azore’s Quest- an Erotic fantasy and Witches the Chronicles of # 10 – YA fantasy.  Which is your favorite? I love both but my favourite is Witches. It was a really fun story to write and I totally fell for my own characters. I am looking forward to writing book two.

5.     Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing? 

   Don’t think, DO!! Amazon and the self publishing industry make it so easy to get your words out there. Why wait? If I had had access to Amazon years ago, I would have so many stories published.

6.     What do you think makes a great story?

 The characters and the plot. As a reader I NEED to fall for at least one of the characters to really get into the story. But the story itself has to be interesting as well, I mean I don’t care how strong a character he/she is but if the only thing they are doing is painting a wall, then I’m probably not going to hang around. Now if they are painting the whole mansion, then it could get interesting. I feel the same way when I write, I want wicked characters. Nothing wishy washy or blah, good or bad they need to be worthy of reading!

7.     Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

 So many Indie authors have inspired me to have a go. Terra James a wicked author, who is also my just as wicked PA, urged me to get my words out there. As did D.L. Colon, another wicked author, his advice to take the Step, will always ring for me!

8.     What are you working on at the moment?

(optional)    I am so excited about my WIP. It is called Jiana’s Curse and is Book 2 in the Azore’s Quest series. It tells the story behind Jiana; elf, blacksmith/swordsmith, how she came to be what she is, her past. As Jiana is one of the main characters in Azore’s Quest this book is answering a lot of questions that hung around her.

9.     What genre are your books? 

   Azore’s Quest is Erotic Fantasy, definitely 18+. Witches the Chronicles of # 10 is YA fantasy. It was actually proof read by a 13-year-old girl. So it is very age friendly.

10.What drew you to the genre you write? 

                I don’t know that anything actually drew me to either genre in particular, it was more; this is the story and this is where it’s going, so I wrote.

11.Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?
(any book you like)    Jason Momoa as Zadicus Jeremiah Hunt the 12th. The lead warlock in my Witches the Chronicles of # 10.

12.Do you write full-time or part-time?

 I write part time, I also work part time as a barista. So I write most mornings before work. The dream is to be a full time writer.

13.What is the hardest thing about writing?

  At this stage I find the actual act of writing to be very easy, it just flows. I pick up my fountain pen and notebook and just write. I find the marketing parts and formatting are the hardest for me. I just want to write..

14.Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 I have yet to experience it, so no advice or tips.

15.Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

 I have loved to read since for ever. I am a major horror fan, I was teethed on Graham Masterton, Stephen King, Dean Koontz. These days I am finding amazing horror authors in the Indie world. S.E. Rise, Michael Bray, Yolanda Olson. So many. Although Horror is probably my favourite genre, I also love paranormal, supernatural, fantasy; Lisa Kessler, David Gemmel, D.L. Colon. Then there are authors that write a good solid story about people: S. Nelson is without a doubt my favourite., along with Brenda Novak

16.Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 I guess, just the fact that I love life and I live in the best place on the face of the planet, the Derwent Valley in Tasmania Australia. I refuse to have regrets, so I tend to say YES!!  And THANK YOU!! To anyone who takes a chance on reading my books!! <3

17.How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)  

Smashwords  Azore’s Quest   https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/656736
Book Depository (Paperback) Azore’s Quest  http://www.bookdepository.com/Azore-s-Quest/9781535387880

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment