Tuesday 24 January 2017

My Interview with Author Monika De Giorgi



  1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I don’t really know. From early childhood on I was fascinated by stories. Be it the fairytales told and read to me before bedtime or the books my mum was reading. I really started writing, when I was about twelve.

  1. Where do you get your ideas for your book?
Everywhere. The world around me, people, smells, songs. Listening to people, talking walks, dreaming. Anything can become a story.

  1. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
My favorite hobby is adult coloring. I love pencils and adult coloring books. Especially fantasy themed books. Before going to bed I start an audio book, sharpen my pencil and start to color. Nothing is as relaxing.
But I also like to read or watch a good TV-Series or movie now and then.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
If you count only published books it’s five so far. Edens Asche, Edens Asche – Engel der Rosen, Schmerz-Blut-Liebe, Eerie Spook and Where I’ll Be Waiting. But Where I’ll Be Waiting is the only one that’s published in English so far and it’s also my favorite. It’s a story that sometimes really made me work to tell it and I loved every second of it.

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
While writing: Whatever someone tells you – there is no “right” way, to tell a story. The story tells you, how it wants to be told. Do whatever works best for you. While editing: Listen to you editor. J

  1. What do you think makes a great story?
When it talks to you. Draws you in, makes you feel with the characters. When you want to know, how it goes on, but also don’t want it to end.

  1. Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Every writer who can tell me a story, like I mentioned under Q6. But the writers that inspired me first were Anne Rice and Laurell K. Hamilton.

  1. What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
An urban fantasy novel and a fantasy novel I want to publish in 2017, 2018 respectively. More I won’t tell you. ;)

  1. What genre are your books?
I write M/M-Romance. The subgenre is usually fantasy or urban fantasy.

  1. What drew you to the genre you write?
Damian, the character of my first published book. I never decided he was bisexual. He told me so.

  1. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
For Jesse I’d like a younger Jonathan Rhys-Myers or Jensen Ackles. (As they were in their mid-20ies.) But I’d still take them for the movie now. Bring it on. Both come close to his looks and really could get his inner demons on the screen. For Cam I need a time machine so I can get Franco Nero, even if Cam’s eyes aren’t blue -  or he needs to be casted for me. A younger Henry Cavil would work – I watched to whole seasons of The Tudors a while ago.

  1. Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part Time.

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing?
Getting in the right mind for it, after a day of work.

  1. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Do what makes you feel good. The rest will come. Don’t stress yourself out. It only does that: Stress you.

  1. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I commute to and from work over an hour one way. So yes. I usually read or write. I love M/M-Romance and Historical Novels especially. My favorite authors are Abigail Roux, Philippa Gregory and so many more.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

  1. How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Please drop me a line any time. I always love to hear from readers or people interested in my stories J

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊
Thank you J

No comments:

Post a Comment