Saturday 25 February 2017

My Interview with Author Rae Matthews








1.    When did you first realize, you wanted to become a Writer/Author?
I’m not sure I ever had a moment where I realized it.  I like to read and love stories. I also drive about three hours to visit my family and some friends and would get tired of the radio (before I found Audio books enjoyable) and so I would turn off the radio and think of stories to tell myself... Next thing you know I’m writing one down and hitting publish.
 
2.    Where do you get your ideas for your book?
Oh geez, some are pulled partly from my life, others I think up based on a conversations I have with someone. Some just come to me in the shower.
 
3.    What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I like to craft, spend time with family and friends, generally just try to have some fun, try new things.
 
4.    How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
So far I have published three, I have three on my computer waiting to be finished and some more ideas floating around in my head.
Right now I would say Carpe Diem is my favorite… I loved the characters and the message of Seizing the Day.
 
5.    Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Get the stories out of you, find a good editor and let your friends read it… then let strangers read it.
 
6.    What do you think makes a great story?
A story that pulls you in, one that makes you feel what the characters feel. I like getting goosebumps, having a good cry or a good laugh while reading.   
 
7.    Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Oh gosh… There are too many to list… Anyone who can put their heart into a story and then let us into that world is inspiring.
 
8.    What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
I have three projects in the works, Carpe Deim was supposed to be a standalone, but there is another story to tell.
 
I have a dumb comedy that will be a novella
 
And then there is Mixed Drinks three…
 
9.    What genre are your books?
Romantic Comedy & contemporary romance.
 
10.What drew you to the genre you write?
I’m not sure… Those were the stories fighting to get out of me. I may have a different one in me some day, but right now that is where the stories are taking me.
 
11.Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? (any book you like)
Oh gosh, I don’t know. I would probably go with some unknown Actor/Actress…  
 
12.Do you write full-time or part-time?
I am part time, unfortunately I have not won the Lottery yet…

13.What is the hardest thing about writing?
When the story stops talking to me. I can’t force it; I have to see it play out in my head and when the images are gone the book waits until I can see it again. I hate when that happens… It generally happens for me when there is a huge cross roads for someone, I tend to over think choices in my personal life and now so do the characters. 
 
14.Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
I take long showers, talk to my friends, try to write an outline of future events, sometimes I skip a chapter and move on, then come back to it, or I just walk away from it for a while. And that is the reason I have three books started right now.
 
15.Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read when I can, I love Fantasy & Romance… I bounce between authors
 
16.Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
I love all my readers and I hope to get a few more books out to you soon!!
 
17.How can Readers discovery more about you and your work? (please provide proper links)
IBOOKS
NOOK
Carpe Diem: http://bit.ly/29ARgvQ
Amazon:

Social Media:
Twitter: @raeraematthews
Instagram: rae.matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment